If you want to share and showcase a 3D object you have created with Maya, C4D, blender etc. this is how you do it:
- Login to Particular (invited creators only)
- Tap the + button
- Select the “3D” mode
- Upload an image that will be used as a thumbnail in our feed.
- Upload a 3D file. Supported file formats for augmented reality are: .reality and .usdz. Maximum file size is 10 MB.
- Add metadata such as title, caption, etc.
- Tap “Upload”
- Once the upload finishes, our team will review it. If the review process is successful, the content will be accessible to everyone.
- Done. Now your followers can enjoy your 3D content in augmented reality. Everyone with the Particular AR app will be able to experience it.
Tips before uploading the 3d file
- Make sure to export all textures and materials
- Make sure that the file renders as it should on your Mac.
- Make sure that the format is either .reality or .usdz. If you need help converting the 3d file, contact us.
- Make sure that the file size remains under 10 MB.
- You can preview this 3d file on your iPad or iPhone in augmented reality, by directly opening the file.
- If you can open the file and see it as it should in AR, then you are good to upload it in Particular AR.