If you want to augment your prints, posters, designs, etc. in AR with Particular AR app, then this is how you do it:
- Login to Particular AR (invited creators only)
- Tap the + button.
- Upload the image as a .jpg or .png. This will be used as the reference image. Remember, the smaller the file size, the faster it will open, so go for .jpg format.
- Upload an .mp4 video of your animation you want to play over the poster, smaller than 10 MB.
- Add a title, description, and other metadata.
- Input the real image width in mm. This is needed to place the animation in AR accordingly.
- Tap “Upload”.
- Done. Now you have augmented your art. Everyone with the Particular AR app will be able to experience it.
Go ahead and scan the image in the real world.
Tips for image files
- Avoid large files. If you want to animate a billboard, don’t upload the same image you sent for printing.
- As a rule of thumb, keep the image width to 500 - 700px and scale the height by keeping the same aspect ratio.
Tips for video files
- Don’t forget to keep the same aspect ratio with the reference image.
- 720p or 1080p would be just fine
- You can add audio as well
- The app loops the animation once it finishes. Consider that for an optimal user experience